View the video here.
Last week I spoke to Mike Schoger who lost his mom Trudy due to a single dose of Cipralex. He made a few important points which he wanted to share:
1. Lundbeck hides behind red tape and bureaucracy to circumvent blame, all the while knowing that its product can kill. If they can continue to sell their product without repercussion, regardless of how many people die, they will.
2. Lundbeck continues to describe Cipralex as a COMPLETELY different drug, as did the psychiatrist that treated my mother. (Cipralex and Celexa are the same drug.)
3. This company is guilty of MURDER, and they will continue to do so as long as they can get away with it. It’s all about their bottom line.
4. From the company’s 2010 – 2011 financial statements, 56-60% of total revenue is from Cipralex. Any bad press on Cipralex will hurt their bottom line. They will try to sell as much of the drug as possible. The patent for Cipralex expires this year.
5. The only new drug they have in the pipeline to replace Cipralex is Vortioxetene. If they get bad press on both Citalopram and Cipralex, this will hurt their ability to get approval for Voritoxetene.
Be aware/beware, Lundbeck are getting desperate; A recent article here on Lundbeck’s latest offering ‘vortioxetine’ states that “Lundbeck is considered to have one of the highest patent cliffs in the pharma sector, with two thirds of its current revenues at risk of competition.“
Torsten Madsen (Lundbeck director), the same one myself and Tony had the displeasure to meet in Copenhagen, is referring to Vortioxetene in the video below. He says ”Some of the studies that we conducted did not have the outcome that we had hoped for, so we speculate that, emm, the reason is due to a too low dosing of 21004″ Well that’s really reassuring isn’t it? Did not have the outcome that they hoped for? Tut, Tut; How many people have died in vortioxetine trials Torsten?
- Trudy Schoger; death by Cipralex (leoniefennell.wordpress.com)
- Son blames drug warning delays for mom’s death (cbc.ca)
- Lundbeck’s Vortioxetine (Lu AA21004) Will the FDA and the EMA approve another ‘killer’ drug? (leoniefennell.wordpress.com)